The Department of Radiology at Christian Medical College Vellore was founded in
1936, by Dr. Ida Belle Sophia Scudder. From its inception, the
department has been instrumental in providing healthcare with advancements in imaging technology
such as CT, MRI and interventional procedures.
The highly trained and academically oriented faculty, working with state-of-the-art equipment, strives to provide an unparalleled healthcare service to the people.
Over the years, the department has kept pace with the rapid changes that have taken place in the field, with equipment and facilities that are comparable with the best Radiology departments in the country.
The department has facilities for conventional radiography, special procedures, Ultrasonography, Colour Doppler, Computed Tomography, US and CT guided procedures, mammography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging and a Digital Subtraction Angiographic suite.
In July 2000, Radiology metamorphosed into a completely digital and filmless department, with the installation of a Picture Archival and Communication System (PACS), the first of its kind in South Asia.